2009-01-17

A not so permanent vacation after all...

This week Caitlin and I both got jobs. She doesn't start hers until Feb 2nd, but mine starts Monday. While I think that the job will be fine, enjoyable even... It's working for a small, local chain of three (non-natural foods) grocery stores. After spending 7 years at the big bookstore, I've been thinking about getting back into the grocery thing to put a bit of spring back into my step. And, I've kind of been assuming that it is was I would be best off trying out here anyway.

But aside from that, what's really been stuck in my head in the day since I found out that I got the job, is that I have had such a great time with Caitlin and Elinor these last five weeks. Not that that is any change from the previous years, but after the three of us being together generally all day long everyday, I will really miss it. Little Elinor has been such a charmer, and and her age (three months shy of her 2nd birthday) seeing her all of her waking hours has been quite a bonus to this move, as you get to see something great and new every day. Returning to the deal of seeing maybe an hour or two of her for 5 days a week will be tough transition. But like I said, that's the state of things regardless of where one lives, and it has been very nice for our family to spend this time together.

On the positive side, this is the step that I needed to really feel that I have moved. To actually have to deal with getting to work and getting established should help do away with the peaceful, easy feeling of no time constraints or responsibilties I've had this last month. It's made the move feel somewhat unreal and I'm ready to get grounded in this new reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that's quick turnaround to find jobs within six weeks! Where's the store you'll be working at? What will you be doing? How about Caitlin? Good benefits? Send me an email ...