2010-04-15

Okay, well...

Now that over a year has gone by, I figure maybe I'll update this here blog!

The big update from last time? Well, the winter went by almost without noticing... Not too cold and barely snowy at all! We are still renting our little house in the country and thinking about moving into town and I have been working in Montpelier this whole time... Doing a somewhat unpleasant 94 mile round trip in a vanpool. I am thoroughly sick of it and would really like a job in town... But at least I'm not having to work 3 part time jobs like my dear wife is! So the notion from last time that this has turned out as we had hoped, well, job-wise it is more like it has turned out like we expected... Neither one of us really have the kind of employment that you would hope for.

The other interesting thing is that this weekend I will be completing my second semester of my grand return to school. Only two more semesters and I should be a college graduate... Oddly enough. Elinor turned three this week!

Aside from that, we are still in Vermont, and still in the Kingdom and planning on staying here. Aside from the obnoxious work set-ups and each of us being gone about 60 hours a week to fulfill those, the biggest issue that we still have ahead of us is making some social contacts. We really have none (aside from the in-laws) in a 40 mile radius of home, which has turned out to be quite the bummer. Admittedly we don't really have much time to socialize anyway, but that doesn't quite make it seem any less isolating.

Anyway... Here's looking forward to summer!

No comments: